Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Ringing in 2015


I know... I know... We are almost a month into 2015 but I figured better late than never. Especially since it gives me a moment to relive such a fun weekend. And since I am currently "snowed in" because of the Snowpocalypse that never was.

Nick and I drove up from NYC to Stowe, VT after work on Wednesday, Dec 31st with a couple of friends. We (along with 13 of our friends) rented this Stowe cabin for a few days. We made it just in time to ring in the new year.





After staying up way too late, we started off 2015 taking it easy. The girls made spa appointments at the Spa at Snowflake Inn while the boys (minus Nick, who had to drive back to NYC due to work the next day) stayed at the cabin working on puzzles. It was my second time at the Spa at Snowflake Inn and it was as good as I remembered. They have a pool area that has a hot water pool and a waterfall pool. There is also an outside jacuzzi but I never made it out there because it is not conveniently located near the spa area. I got a deep tissue massage and it was one of the best messages I have had. The  reviews of the aromatherapy massage and the well-being massage were equally positive. 


On Friday, most of the group decided to go skiing. Since I was planning on skiing with Nick the next day, I decided to hang back and hang out with Jenn and Sam. We spent most of the afternoon at Black Cap Coffee. That evening, a fierce game of Settlers of Catan ensued.


Our last full day of skiing, Nick and I skied with Brian and Liz (and Alvin, Rebecca and Ruby) while the other half went snow shoeing and Ben and Jerry factory touring. 




It was such a fun weekend with some of my favorite people. Hoping to make this a tradition for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment