Friday, September 6, 2013

Introducing... Fab Five Fridays

One of my favorite features on a lot of blogs I read is "Fab Five Fridays" or "Friday Favorites" where the blogger discusses some of their favorite things from that week. Thought it would be fun to start jumping on the bandwagon so that it would give me a reason to not ignore this blog completely. So let's get started!

1) FAVORITE BLOG OF THE WEEK:


Double the Fun Blog
I discovered this blog by chance on Instagram a few weeks ago. I've stayed up WAY past my bedtime the past couple of nights reading EVERY POST. This blog chronicles Aliya's life picking up with wedding planning. The beginning couple of years of the blog is Aliya dealing with life as a newlywed and navigating her career (she used to work on web content at the Discovery Chanel - how cool!). But of course, you know what they say.... "First comes love, then comes marriage.... then comes the baby carriage". In Aliya's case, the baby carriage came twice in one year! Her kids have the exact SAME BIRTHDAY (Irish twins with the SAME BIRTHDAY.... i love it!). Aliya is a great writer and I really want to be her friend. If you are looking for a good blog to follow, highly recommend this one!

2) FAVORITE PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
If you follow me on Instagram you probably saw this photo already. I crack up every time I look at this picture. Nick and I spent Labor Day weekend in Michigan. When my brother and I were in elementary school, my dad declared that his birthday going forward will be the Saturday before Labor Day every year. So just like Thanksgiving, my dad's birth date changes every year. Since my brother and I live on opposite coasts, every Labor Day we trek home to Michigan to get the family together and celebrate my dad's "birthday". This year, we went to the Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth to feast on some friend chicken and sauerbraten. 

3) FAVORITE THING ABOUT THE WEEK:

The start of FOOTBALL SEASON. Last night was the start of my favorite time of year. Denver Bronco's vs the defending Superbowl champions the Baltimore Ravens. One game in, and I can already tell that it is going to be a rough start for my fantasy team. I am excited for the New England Patriots game on Sunday. 

4) FALL 
Today, it is starting to feel like Fall. Those who know me, knows how much I love this time of year. Fall fashion, fall holidays, fall weather... BRING IT ON! 

5) GETAWAY
I love Fall OH. SO. MUCH. (see above). Nick and I (along with 7 other friends) rented a house in the Catskills for next weekend. I am SO EXCITED. Honestly, is there anything better than spending a beautiful fall weekend away from the city? With great company? At a lake house? WITH A HOT TUB? I didn't think so! Menu planning is underway... Keep fingers crossed that the house has a fire pit. Just thinking about an evening bonfire with s'mores makes me squeal (Seriously. I just squealed out loud as I was typing that). 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! What are your favorites this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment