Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Casserole Of Swiss Chard and Gruyere

We are in full CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Summer mode which means we are trying to cook at least 3 times a week and our fridge is full of veggies (so. much. lettuce.). Stir-fry and lettuce wraps have been our defaults for the past few weeks. I wanted to try something new but lacked inspiration. I knew that Kyo also participated in a CSA so I reached out to her to see what she was making and if she had any ideas on how to use my kale and swiss chard. She led me to this recipe, which looked delicious. Unfortunately, I did not have the time or patience for it tonight. But I was now inspired. A couple of google searches later....

Recipe found here
I modified it a little bit and added mushrooms (because who doesn't love mushrooms?), spicy chicken sausage (the first words out of Nick's mouth when I showed him the recipe was "Where is the protein?"), and a little lot more cheese.


 It was a hit in the Fahey house! Next time, I would put in a little less sausage (don't use chorizo.. the flavor is a bit too strong). This dish would also go well paired with fish (i wouldn't put sausage in).

No comments:

Post a Comment