Sunday, April 3, 2011

Things that make me smile part 2


For those of you that know me, it will not come as a surprise why I have been in such a good mood the past couple of weeks. On Tuesday, March 29th, Britney Spears' 6th album Femme Fatale was released and she has been doing the usual press tour to promote it. I have been so happy to see/hear so much Britney the past few weeks. I don't care what people say about her, I love Britney.


Another thing I love... chick lit. Embarrassing, I know. I like people to think that I read books like "Moby Dick" and "War and Peace" but sadly that is not that case. I grew up reading the Sweet Valley books (omg - there is a new Sweet Valley book that came out a few days ago called Sweet Valley Confidential. I am so excited about this... but I will save that for a future post) and my taste in reading material has not matured much since those days. One of my favorite books is called "Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin. It's about a girl who has an affair with her best friend's fiance (i know.. i know.. but trust me, it's better than it sounds!). On May 6th, the movie version of the movie is coming out. I have mixed feelings about this ~ I don't agree with some of the casting (Kate Hudson as Darcy, really?!) and I think they are taking some liberties with the storyline but regardless, you know where I will be on May 6th.



Every year, in celebration of Earth Day, Disney releases a movie to celebrate. This year's movie is called African Cats and I could not be more excited. There is nothing more I want than a pet lion or cheetah cub (yes, I realize the point of the movie is the polar opposite of "everyone should have a pet lion"). Anyone remember the movie Cheetah that came out in the 80's?

Sorry for the lack of postings (why do I feel like I am always apologizing about this?). On the life front, things have been going well. Nick ran the NYC Half Marathon a few weeks ago and is now training for an off road marathon for the beginning of May. For this post, I will leave you with something I read that made me smile on Friday:

Dear America,
You gave us Miley Cyrus. We give you Justin Beiber.
Yours,
Canada


No comments:

Post a Comment